What to do when pipes burst causing water damage in your property?
Finding the problem and fixing it is what SERVPRO of Casa Grande does best. Contact SERVPRO of Casa Grande 520-421-1894 for professional remediation and mitigation services.
Seeking Professional Water Removal Services from a Reliable Restoration Company like SERVPRO of Casa Grande is the Best Move.
When water gets into unwanted places in your home or building, it is an emergency, and you should contact restoration experts immediately. Since saving time is critical, our technicians respond within a short time and identify areas with high moisture levels. Our technicians can help you avoid incurring costly damages in your property.
How should property owners identify signs of water damage?
When water damage occurs, the signs begin to show immediately. If you delay water removal in your home, the damage may spread to other areas. Since plumbers install water pipes behind walls, finding water leaks can be challenging for most property owners. However, a homeowner can detect water damage by:
- Examining walls and ceilings for water stains
- Checking basement floors for signs of buckling
- Switching off all faucets and listening to determine where the water leak is
How long does it take to dry a water-damaged property?
That depends on several factors, including:
- How long it’s been wet
- When the restoration process began
- Types of materials affected
The drying process may take a few days or longer. Our SERVPRO team uses advanced equipment and tools to hasten the drying process. We can conduct controlled demolition to dry hidden surfaces effectively.
How do you dry the areas behind walls and ceilings?
We try as much as possible to minimize property damage. Therefore, we can drill small holes in the ceiling and through drywall to access the moisture. However, before we begin drying the area, we must check for contamination. If there is no microbial growth, we can use structural cavity drying equipment to pull out the moist air in the hidden area.
If your property suffered water damage from a burst pipe, contact SERVPRO of Casa Grande at 520-421-1894 to mitigate damages, "Like it never even happened."
What Should Homeowners Do About a Wet and Sagging Ceiling?
Contact SERVPRO of Casa Grande to Mitigate the Damages
It can be scary to find a sagging, water-damaged ceiling in your property. These damages can be costly to repair. However, those costs will increase many times over if damage is ignored.
SERVPRO of Casa Grande is available day and night to provide water mitigation services. Our staff will coordinate with both you and your insurance adjuster to ensure that claims are filed quickly and easily on your behalf. We are also licensed to provide general contracting services for more thorough restoration after removing water damage from your property.
How Do SERVPRO Tools Accelerate the Restoration Process?
The IICRC, Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, has accredited SERVPRO of Casa Grande. We are trained to adhere to restoration industry guidelines. We receive extensive training in using both sophisticated technologies and tried-and-true techniques for home disaster mitigation. These tools include the following:
- Moisture measurement meters to detect moisture, humidity, temperature, etc. to help us achieve drying goals.
- Commercial drying equipment, including air movers and dehumidifiers. If Category of water requires, we can add HEPA air scrubbers.
- OSHA approved cleaning solutions that aid in the remediation of microbes and unpleasant odors from water damage.
- Odor control modalities that address a variety of sources, including pet odors, water damage, and mold.
- Moisture extraction tools: portable, truck mount, etc.
Some Causes of Water Damage
There are many ways that ceiling water damage can befall a Toms River home, including the following:
- Pipe leaks
- Appliance leaks in upstairs rooms or attics, including the HVAC system.
- Bathroom drains, pipes, toilets
- Refrigerator water lines, RO systems or dishwasher
- Washing machine failures
- Hot water heaters, water softeners…
Finding the source of leaks and mitigating the water damage is a highly involved process that requires specific tools to accomplish. Homeowners are advised to contact a trusted restoration firm for your mitigation and restoration needs. SERVPRO performs this service 24/7, to minimize structure, contents damage and microbial growth resulting from moisture exposure.
What Should Homeowners Do If They Notice Their Ceiling Is Sagging?
Homeowners should follow these steps to quickly mitigate damage to their home:
- Stabilize the leaking area of the ceiling. Move the contents of your home away from the leakage area where possible. Catch the water with a bucket or other deep, nonporous container. Consider adding a tarp to prevent damage to your flooring.
- Locate and identify leaks causing the sagging. This process can be challenging because water damage can manifest quite far from the leak source. Porous materials like drywall can absorb significant amounts of moisture. If you are concerned about a leak, look for the following common signs of water leaks in your home:
- Missing caulk
- Broken or cracked pipes
- Leaky drains or supply lines
If you are unsure of the source of the leak, shut off your water main and contact a licensed plumber. Keep any documentation you receive from repair professionals for your insurance claim.
Contact a SERVPRO of Casa Grande as quickly as possible for mitigation. We have the knowledge and equipment to properly dry and repair your home.